Ever just crave something sweet? A cookie with a bit of crunch. A melt-in-your-mouth brownie. A moist, crumbly bite of cake. Nope, me neither!
Just kidding! I LOVE me some sweets. The more the merrier!! But I also recognize my addiction and in an effort to not reach house-sized proportions I hardly ever let myself buy any. I DO however buy the ingredients to make baked goods from scratch. That way I have to make a conscious decision and effort to make them. Sometimes it’s a deterrent to making them because I just.don’t.want.to. Other times? I can’t make them fast enough. After years of trying out recipes I’ve found one I LOVE!! And not just because it tastes delicious but because it’s easy and with only 4 ingredients ANYONE can make them.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (more or less as desired)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine Peanut Butter, Brown Sugar and Egg in a medium bowl.
- Check the consistency of the dough. If it’s too sticky you can add additional Brown Sugar as needed.
- Add Chocolate Chips and stir to combine.
- Roll cookie dough into 1-2 inch balls and place on baking sheet.
- Gently press with a fork to create an X.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes (less for gooey cookies, more for crunchy cookies)
- Allow to cool on baking sheet.