Let’s be real for a second, the hustle and bustle of motherhood makes love look a little different from what it used to. Now love looks like folded laundry, a nap, clean dishes, taking the kids for 30 minutes so Mama can just.have.some.peace. Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be super expensive either; sometimes the simple gesture of a homemade gift or card can mean the world. It means you took a moment to think of me and what I would like. So, on this Valentine’s Day I give you a super yummy and satisfying dessert from 100 Days of Real Food. Simple recipe and the ingredients are probably something you have on hand (for those of you that need a last-minute Valentine’s Day idea).
I give you– 4 Ingredient Molten Lava Cake
- 8 TBSP of butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 TBSP sugar
- Preheat over to 450 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with liners. (I used my silicone muffin liners since they are non-stick and super easy for clean up)
- Melt butter and chocolate chips together over low heat until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk eggs and sugar together. Stir in the chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Divide mixture into muffin cups and bake until cakes are puffed up, but still jiggly in the center–about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Turn upside down onto a plate and garnish. (I used powdered sugar and raspberries like she did but feel free to experiment).